If you have mad skills and a burning desire to work with like-minded music-loving maniacs, then we want to see your resume and cover letter. Like, now. Hit us up:
DJZ is an A-team of artists, hackers, and DJs. We’re building the spot for people who love EDM (electronic dance music), as well as those who are just getting into it. We value creativity; we’re not the type of company filled with big egos and management. We work together to make our ideas come to life, and we’re excited to see what you’ll bring to the team.
We’re focused on creating a platform that magically integrates our web and mobile products. To get there, we need an awesome backend developer ready to brainstorm data models and design our api. If you’re interested and qualified, come to our office, bring your laptop, and get ready to start hacking.
* API development and architecture
* Git version control
* Postgres or related database aptitude
* Heroku (current deployment strategy)
* Asset Management or CMS dev experience
* Sound hacker
* Startup experience
* You tell us ;)
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (please mention “Developer” in the subject line).
DJZ is looking for a talented product designer in San Francisco who will shape our suite of mobile and web products. You will see ideas through all phases of product design – from concepting to wireframing to prototyping to visual design. Your contributions will build on the DJZ vision – to create a community where everybody is a creator and everything is a seed for remixing.
DJZ is changing the way people experience, create, share, and remix music (more yet-to-be invented verbs coming soon). We are explorers, tinkerers, hackers, and makers. We love to build things fast, but also well. Sound like you? Then come join the crew and help design the future of dance music and remix culture.
* Collaborate with our small but talented design team to drive the UI, UX, and visual design for both mobile and web
* Work as the design lead within small product teams
* Work closely with developers to rapidly prototype, test, and iterate on ideas
* Juggle multiple projects at once
* A badass portfolio
* A hunger for simplicity in interfaces
* Ability to collaboratively brainstorm and synthesize ideas from product, editorial, and marketing teams (ie. great communication skills)
* Experience working as part of a team that has shipped products
* An intimate knowledge of best practices, industry tools, and innovative design trends
* Expert understanding of graphic design, layout and typography
* Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web design, or related
* 2-5 years experience in interactive product design
Nice to Have
* Startup experience
* HTML, CSS, JS knowledge
* A harlem shake video
Please send a portfolio (website or pdf), resume, and catchy cover letter to email@example.com. Subject: “Product Designer”
DJZ seeks freelance writers to provide blog posts and features about electronic dance music. We are specifically looking for thematic lists (by genre and with timely hooks), trend and fashion pieces, music, tech and other EDM gear product pieces, artist interviews, music reviews, and news, both nationwide and local. Pay dependent on type of feature and requirements, ranging from bite-sized blog posts to features of approximately 500-750 words. Qualified writers of exceptional talent who pitch us ideas for ongoing columns that we accept may be considered for longer-term contracts, especially those who maintain blogs with a significant following.
If you have a healthy interest in electronic music and are knowledgeable about the scene, culture, and/or
artists, please fill out our New Writer Application here.
DJZ seeks highly motivated music lovers looking to receive online editorial experience and who are eligible for college credit.
* Superior written and verbal communication skills; grammar skills a huge plus
* Excellent attention to detail
* Understanding of social networking and online communities
* WordPress experience a plus
* Editing/proofreading experience a plus
* Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
* Basic knowledge of HTML a plus
* Assist in the day-to-day operations of the site
* Work with editorial team to develop story ideas and assign to freelancers
* QA site daily
* Assist editorial team with photo curation
* Prepare content for publication, including formatting articles and finding audio and video to reference
Please send a cover letter and at least two (2) writing samples that showcase your knowledge of music, preferably EDM, to firstname.lastname@example.org (please mention “Intern” in the subject line).
The DJZ/10 is a collection of ten DJs that we think you should know about now. Some of them are already familiar to you, others you may have never heard of. The list is not based on (1) a secret computer algorithm, (2) social media popularity, or (3) payola. Every month or so we get together to decide if somebody from the broader A…Z directory is about to break out and should be included in the DJZ/10, or if somebody already on the list, for that matter, is “phoning it in” and deserved to be replaced by another DJ who is more worthy.×